MDH in collaboration with Igunga DC, Nzega DC, Nzega TC, Kaliua DC, Urambo DC, Sikonge DC, Uyui DC, Tabora MC, St John Paul II Hosp, Nkinga Hosp, Sikonge CDH, Ndala
Hospital and Kitete RRH. MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following vacancies from Only Current Sub-Grantee Contractual Staff and Volunteers.
Job Title: Index Testers (102 Posts)
Reports to: Facility In-Charge
The Index Tester supports the facility PITC focal person / CTC In-charge to ensure efficient implementation and reporting of HIV testing services and ART linkage at the facility. She/He is responsible for the facility implementation and reporting of all HTS initiatives in her/his respective facility under the guidance of the facility PITC focal person and in collaboration with facility in-charge, CTC in charge and other relevant health facility staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting HIV testing services, including index testing, focused PITC, peer-based ART linkage, in line with national guidelines.
- Keeping accurate HTS records (HTS registers, reports and referral / linkage reports).
- Compiling and submit HTS reports on weekly-monthly and / or quarter to the facility PITC focal person on time.
- Working with team members to monitor quality improvement plans with regard to the established performance indicators.
- Creating awareness and education on the existence of HTS i.e., educating clients on all aspects of HIV diseases and treatment management as well as basic health lifestyle.
- Providing ongoing counselling and testing while maintaining confidentiality and patients’ rights.
- Providing psychosocial support and assist with linkage to referral services.
- Monitoring the quality of test kits using suitable control materials or samples.
[better-ads type=”banner” banner=”2271″ campaign=”none” count=”2″ columns=”1″ orderby=”rand” order=”ASC” align=”center” show-caption=”0″ lazy-load=””][/better-ads]
- Ensuring and be in line with current HTS protocol guidelines to ensure correct testing services.
- Ensuring safe storage of HTS related items and to request or prepare all necessary consumables for undertaking the HTS activities on time.
- Ensuring a newly identified client’s contacts details are well documented (map cue, telephone numbers and treatment supporter information).
- Working with team members to ensure successful early retention of newly identified clients
- Performing any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
- At least a Diploma in Nursing or Clinical medicine or Certificate in Nursing with 3 years relevant experience in Testing.
- Working experience in HIV program, preferably in a similar position will be highly considered.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Work experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment program will be an advantage.
- Highest level of integrity.
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and Kiswahili (both verbal and written).
- Must be computer literate – conversant with, Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
[better-ads type=”banner” banner=”2273″ campaign=”none” count=”2″ columns=”1″ orderby=”rand” order=”ASC” align=”center” show-caption=”0″ lazy-load=””][/better-ads]
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION LETTERS, CVs and COPIES OF THEIR CERTIFICATES MDH TABORA OFFICE.
APPLICATION DEADLINE – 22ND AUGUST 2023.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates.