The primary role of the data protection officer (DPO) is to ensure that the organisation processes the personal data of its staff, customers, providers or any other individual/entity (also referred to as data subjects) in compliance with the applicable data protection Act and regulations.
- Develop and implement a strategy on data collection and processing as stipulated under the Data Protection Act or any other written laws.
- Conduct periodic data protection impact assessments and advise the management
- Liaison with Data Commissioners’ office, regulator and other authorities on matters relating to data protection
- Assess data collection, process and prepare a comprehensive data inventory for Management and Board review
- Inform controllers and data subjects on their rights pertaining data protection, obligations and responsibilities.
- Respond to Subject Access Requests (SARs) and develop SARs handling policy
- Review the controls implemented by the business 1st LOD and issue recommendations regarding data protection, privacy and compliance.
- Foster a data protection culture within the bank, develop and manage data protection requirements internal policies and guidelines [principles of data processing, data subjects’ rights, data protection by design and by default, security and data breaches management].
- Promote continuous trainings on data protection awareness and feedback process
- Offer timely consultation on incidences of data breach and escalate to highest management level.
Key performance measures
- The Personal Data Protection Act
- The Personal Data Protection (Complaints Settlement Procedures) Regulations
- The Personal Data Protection (Personal Data Collection and Processing) Regulations
- Job is both internally and externally focused, requiring that the individual be highly adaptable in terms of personal style and the development of business knowledge related to banking.
- The job requires relationships be built across the organization.
- The job holder will develop and nurture an external network of relationships.
- Bachelors of Laws Degree
[better-ads type=”banner” banner=”2271″ campaign=”none” count=”2″ columns=”1″ orderby=”rand” order=”ASC” align=”center” show-caption=”0″ lazy-load=””][/better-ads]
- Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania
- ICT qualification will be an added advantage
- Work experience of minimum 3 years in a bank or commercial law firm.
Applications should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DTB is an equal opportunity employer.