JOB TITLE: Schemes Relationship Manager
REPORTING TO: Retail Sales Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Business Development/ Relationship portfolio management
DEPARTMENT: Retail Banking
HOURS OF WORK:
8am – 5pm Monday to Friday. Additional hours as required by workload.
1. PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Achieving acquisition budgets for scheme onboarding across the branch network.
- Signing up and relationship management of Scheme companies to facilitate branches to sell. This includes ensuring quality of sourcing to achieve required goals.
- A key contact for scheme companies between business, Retail Credit, Billing and Collections with regards to performance of the scheme.
- Maintaining portfolio qualitywithin the agreed metrics and ensuring that the revenue budgets are achieved.
Manage and sustain a portfolio of high-quality government schemes, building long-term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for employees.
- This is achieved through consistent and quality of operational service.
- The job holder will be in charge with overall accountability for business growth and relationship management of all the companies in their portfolio.
2. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own the end-to-end process of product origination to fulfilment in their portfolio of companies, consistently reviewing process and procedures and working with other stakeholders to implement any required process change.
- To work with scheme loan administration team to ensure timely invoicing and repayment of loans for all government schemes. Will take responsibility of any non-repayment of loans with a target in provision/arrears for loans in their portfolio companies.
- Pick and follow up any non-repayment issues in their portfolio of companies ensuring timely remediation.
- Act as the contact and liaison point for the companies in their portfolio and arrange for sales and marketing activities in their portfolio of companies.
- Draw up strategies and manage the performance delivery for Sales Officers and its various classifications that could be doing telesales/direct sales/road shows etc).
- Act as a point of escalation and resolution of issues from the sales teams in relation to their portfolio of companies.
- Maintaining current understanding of customer needs, emerging trends, sales and servicing best practice etc. Sharing it with colleagues and applying it to day to day operations.
- Supporting, and where appropriate leading, effective customer meetings, understanding and owning the customer goals, promoting the full range of Exim retail products and continuously developing the long-term loyalty to the brand.
- To drive, motivate & inspire Relationship Managers and Sales Officers at branch level in order to achieve their planned sales activities and targets.
3. RISK MANAGEMENT & OPERATIONAL CONTROL
- Maintain a high standard of operational control including adherence to Risk Management and Compliance guidelines.
- Report all risk events/incidents/issues using the defined process for your business area and help understand why these happened and how to prevent them in the future.
- Proactively look for ways to improve the control environment by considering what could go wrong in the process you operate and how errors could be prevented.
- Keeping updated with Exim’s guidelines for its internal policies and procedures to mitigate financial loss and fraud within the bank.
- All mandatory training to be completed within required timelines.
- Gathering inform ation that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications in order to manage customer expectations.
- Identifying areas of improvement wi th internal processes in place.
- Report to Management the status of Business leads, customer complaints, pending issues in respect of the clients.
Schemes Relationship Manager at Exim Bank Tanzania
4. TECHNICAL SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in business/economics/accounting or related studies.
- MBA will be an added advantage.
- Understanding the life cycle for government lending
- Basic numeracy for maintaining sales records.
- Tact and diplomacy
- High Level of technical competence in competitor awareness, customer segmentation requirements, training presentation,, and selling
5. RISK MANAGEMENT & OPERATIONAL CONTROL
[better-ads type=”banner” banner=”2270″ campaign=”none” count=”2″ columns=”1″ orderby=”rand” order=”ASC” align=”center” show-caption=”0″ lazy-load=”disable”][/better-ads]
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Swahili
- Strong credit analysis, documentation and relationship management skills
- Ability to assess customer needs and develop products that suits their needs
- Excellent experience in Scheme Loan Management specifically management of Government loan portfolio for not less than 5years, more experience will be an added advantage.
- Posses in-depth understanding and knowledge of Retail Banking Products
- Proven sales experience in a client relationship role within Retail banking
- Ability to work to deadlines with proven time management skills.
[better-ads type=”banner” banner=”2272″ campaign=”none” count=”2″ columns=”1″ orderby=”rand” order=”ASC” align=”center” show-caption=”0″ lazy-load=””][/better-ads]
How to Apply :
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are to be sent with the subject being: Schemes Relationship Manager .
Application deadline:- 5th May 2023