ANNOUNCEMENT OF SAMIA SCHOLARSHIP YEAR 2023/2024
FUNDING THROUGH SAMIA SCHOLARSHIP FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE GRADUATES IN SIXTH FORM EXAMS IN 2023 IN SCIENCE SPECIALIZATIONS
The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology announces a Funding program called SAMIA SCHOLARSHIP for undergraduate studies for students who achieved high performance in the Sixth Form examinations in 2023 conducted by the Tanzania Examinations Council (NECTA) in Science Specializations(PCB, PCM, PGM, CBG, CBA, PMC already CBN).
SAMIA SCHOLARSHIP will cover one hundred percent (100%) of Higher Education tuition for those students who have received admission in the fields of Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine.
2.0 QUALIFICATIONS FOR RECEIVING FUNDING
This scholarship will be awarded to sixth form graduates with the following qualifications:
- Be a Tanzanian;
- Have a high performance in the sixth form national exams in 2023 conducted by NECTA in science specialties;
- He/she has been admitted to a Higher Education College in this country recognized by the Government in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or Medicine programs that are mentioned in the first group (Cluster 1) in the Student Loans Board’s Loan Guide Higher Education for the year 2023/2024 available throughwww.heslb.go.tz
- He has applied for funding correctly in the directed manner.
3.0 FUNDING AREAS
Funding will adhere to the standards and guidelines of the Higher Education Student Loans Board to cover the following areas:
- Tuition Fee
- Food and accommodation allowance
- Books and Stationery Allowance
- Special Faculty Requirements
- Practical Training
- Assistive devices for students with special needs
- Health Insurance
4.0 TERM OF FUNDING
Students who will be sponsored, will be paid between three (03) to five (05) years depending on the respective programs they were admitted to.
5.0 FUNDING APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Samia Scholarship applications will be submitted to the Higher Education Student Loans Board onlinehttps://olas.heslb.go.tz for 14 days starting September 25, 2023
6.0 FUNDING OBLIGATIONS/TERMS
A student who will get the funding ofSAMIA SCHOLARSHIP will be responsible for complying with the following conditions:
- He should read, understand and sign the Scholarship Agreement between himself and the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology;
- He should have a bank account for the money to be paid directly.
- The Beneficiary will not be allowed to change the study program he received funding without a written approval letter from the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology;
- The beneficiary will not be allowed to postpone studies, except for health reasons, and confirmed by the relevant college;
- If the beneficiary cancels the funding opportunity before starting the studies, he/she must submit a written notification to:
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology,
Government Town, Mtumba Area, Health Street,
40479 DODOMA, TANZANIA.
- If the beneficiary’s grade point average drops below a 3.8 GPA during the academic year, funding will be terminated;
- The beneficiary should register in the Student Management System (Students Management System) available throughhttps://scholarships.moe.go.tz/
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- This funding is for one hundred percent whose limit will be based on the guidelines of the Higher Education Student Loans Board.
- The list of names of the relevant students is available throughwww.moe.go.tz alreadywww.heslb.go.tz
Issued by: Secretary General,
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology
September 25, 2023