Magu Poverty Focus on Older People Rehabilitation Centre (MAPERECE) in collaboration with Amref Health Africa Tanzania is implementing the project called “Empowering Women with Obstetric Fistula through Treatment, Psychosocial Support
and Livelihoods Opportunities in Tanzania (Fistula The project aims to deliver a fistula treatment, psychosocial support, and livelihoods opportunities to women with Obstetric Fistula Mwanza and Geita region.
Project officer will be responsible to implement activities that are meant to ensure the smooth running of Empowering Women with Obstetric Fistula through Treatment,
Psychosocial Support and Livelihoods Op portunities in Tanzania (Fistula Project)
This will include supervision of field activities, psychosocial support to women with Obstetric Fistula, liaising with the project manager and project team. The development of work plans and budget to cover activities as specified under project documents, the implementation and monitoring of day-to-day activities relating to projects.
1) Oversee day-to-day operations of the project activities.
2) To provide psychosocial support to women with Obstetric Fistula.
3) Liaise closely with technical support staff on programming issues.
4) Coordination and project planning to ensure project implementation in accordance with the donor proposals and the guidelines of MAPERECE Organisation.
5) Submit weekly, monthly and annual reports and provide input for donor reports.
6) Ensure proper coordination with the Local Authorities, other projects and NGOs with good relations to MAPERECE Organisation.
7) Ensure, that where possible, that MAPERECE is represented at appropriate co-ordination meetings.
8) Contribute to effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use in coordination with the other MAPERECE staff
9) Foster teamwork with partners for achieving project goals; Liaise closely with the project manager to ensure activities remain on track and any learning generated from the project is documented and shared.
10) Accompany donor representatives and other official visitors, when requested to by the MAPERECE, and provide information as required.
11) He / she will use 70% of time in Field work.
[better-ads type=”banner” banner=”2268″ campaign=”none” count=”2″ columns=”1″ orderby=”rand” order=”ASC” align=”center” show-caption=”0″ lazy-load=””][/better-ads]
• Bachelor Degree in Social sciences, Community Development and any other relevant qualification or equivalent working experience with at least three years of prior professional experience in a similar post, preferably with an NGO or international organization.
• Proven experience in project coordination
• Experience in liaising with government officials, donors and other agencies
• Ability to self-start and work with minimum supervision
• Demonstrated knowledge of responsibly coordinating and delivering results in health projects in Tanzania
• Strong command of Kiswahili and English and Strong communication and presentation skills
• Deep knowledge of women health challenges in Tanzania
• High level of computer proficiency
How to apply?
[better-ads type=”banner” banner=”2272″ campaign=”none” count=”2″ columns=”1″ orderby=”rand” order=”ASC” align=”center” show-caption=”0″ lazy-load=””][/better-ads]
Applications for the position must include: – A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements. Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day-time mobile phone number(s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer. ONLY copies of academic and professional certificates. Subject line should contain position title on the subject line. All applications should be sent through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: The Human resource, P.o.Box 333, Magu-Mwanza
Applications will be considered valid if sent/received before 17.00hrs May 26, 2023. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.