4 Cleaner Positions at International Organization for Migration
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Position title Cleaner-4 Positions
Position grade G-1
Duty station Kasulu/Makere, United Republic of Tanzania
Durations 1 Year with possibility of extension
Position number To be created
Job family Support
Organizational unit Resource Management Unit
Reports directly to Resource Management Officer
Overall Supervised by Head of Sub-Office
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-Office in Kasulu/Makere and direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer in Kasulu/Makere in coordination with Admin/Finance Assistant; the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks.
III. CORE FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following duties and tasks:
- Maintain office cleaners, which includes clearing the offices, bathrooms, common areas, mopping floors, dusting computers and phones on daily basis.
- Keeping kitchens, toilets in hygienic condition and replenish sanitary items as deemed necessary.
- Advise Procurement staff about cleaning materials needs.
- Notify supervisor about any repairs that she/he deems necessary.
- Prepare the tea/Coffee for the staff on daily basis.
- Provide hospitality for the office visitors.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisors.
IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum High School Degree/Certificate Or Diploma in related field
- Secondary Diploma.
- Minimum of six months’ work experience in office cleaning.
- Ability to work independently or with minimum supervision.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, and flexibility.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from different cultures and professional backgrounds.
- For this position, fluency in English and Kiswahili are required (oral and written) Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Accountability-takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Continuous Learning-promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communications-listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
- Performance Management-Provides constructive feedback to colleagues.
- Professionalism-Displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork-contributes to a collegial team environment incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness-displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
[better-ads type=”banner” banner=”2272″ campaign=”none” count=”2″ columns=”1″ orderby=”rand” order=”ASC” align=”center” show-caption=”0″ lazy-load=””][/better-ads]
This position is open to Tanzanian nationals only. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
All application documents will be handled in accordance with IOM data protection policy. The selected candidate is required to commence the assignment as soon as the recruitment process completes.
The UN system in Tanzania provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, diversity, integrity, a healthy balance of work and life and equal opportunities for all, including persons with disability.
Female candidates and qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for UN vacancies and are protected from discrimination during all stages of employment.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
HOW TO APPLY:
[better-ads type=”banner” banner=”2270″ campaign=”none” count=”2″ columns=”1″ orderby=”rand” order=”ASC” align=”center” show-caption=”0″ lazy-load=””][/better-ads]
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Number with 3 professional references and contacts to email address: [email protected]
The vacancy is open for both internal and external Tanzanian nationals only. Only e-mail applications will be considered.
The deadline for submitting the application is 23 May 2023.