Position: Business Analyst, Mainland Tanzania
Reports to: Senior Technical Advisor
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Start date: 1st August, 2023 (or sooner)
Who we are
D-tree is a global digital health organization dedicated to ensuring that everyone has access to high quality primary healthcare in underserved areas. We do this by working with governments to design, build and deploy digital tools for frontline health workers that improve their ability to deliver high quality, evidence-based care. D-tree engages with governments to develop a shared vision for the potential of digital health, demonstrates the effectiveness of digital systems to improve health outcomes, and accompanies governments to scale these digital systems nationally and institutionalize them within their broader health systems.
D-tree is among the most experienced digital health partners in Tanzania, having worked with the government and multiple NGO partners since 2008 on a wide range of digital health programs focused on improving the quality of healthcare delivery. We are currently collaborating with the Tanzanian government on a digitally-enabled primary health care program in Kibaha, which has gained significant interest and is poised to strengthen a number of government digital health systems in Tanzania. We are also serving as the digital health partner in a large-scale community health HIV/TB program and have a growing portfolio of work around digitally-enabled, community-based Early Childhood Development (ECD) services. As our portfolio in the digital community health space continues to grow, we have an opportunity to expand our engagement with the national government to serve as a key digital health partner for strengthening primary health care services. This is an exciting opportunity to help deepen and expand our work and impact. D-tree is a strong believer of Open-source platforms that align with Government directives.
Who you are
We are seeking a full time individual qualified to be working as a Business Analyst, based in Dar es salaam, Tanzania, who will be part of the team working to strengthen Tanzania’s Primary Healthcare System. This is a technical role, requiring an individual with experience in planning, designing, and guiding implementation of digital health systems. The individual is expected to work with a diverse team comprising of a number of stakeholders, including government officials, health service providers, (PO
RALG), and other health stakeholders.
You will report to the Senior Technical Advisor and collaborate closely with Program Managers to ensure successful technical implementation of our portfolio. You will be providing strategic analysis, actionable insights, and data-driven recommendations – including managing communications, technical writing, and reporting. You have a strong work ethic and are very proactive, with the ability to see the big picture as well as excellent attention to detail.
What you will do
As the Business Analyst, you will be responsible for providing leadership in the designing of digital solutions, employing Human-Centered Design approach. You will engage different stakeholders to identify, map, and review business processes; lead the development of Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) and Software Design; and prepare required documentation throughout System Development Life Cycle (SDLC). You will support project management activities related to the development of the strengthening of health systems in Tanzania. You will work closely with the Senior Technical Advisor and program and software development teams to ensure timely delivery of digital health systems. Specific responsibilities include:
Business Analysis (60% LOE)
Lead the team through system design, development, testing, training, and implementation activities. This includes the design and development of digital platforms, system testing, etc.:
- Together with the program team, identify and manage stakeholders (including digital system users) and lead them in mapping and validating business processes, requirements, and designs related to the delivery of integrated health services, through conducting focused group discussions, interviews, and field visits.
- Apply Human-Centered Design to lead the documentation of the software requirement specifications, software designs, and solution architecture by engaging relevant stakeholders at all levels
- Lead the documentation of the user manuals, administrative manuals, technical reporting, and related deliverable reports
- Together with the Program Manager(s), coordinate with the software development team by participating in relevant meetings, clarifying requirements, and mediating between stakeholders and the development team
- Lead the planning and implementation of user acceptance testing (UAT), performance testing, stress testing, technical capacity building sessions and the preparation of the associated reports • Support system user training in collaboration with the program team
System Quality Assurance (20% LOE)
Be accountable for the successful delivery of efficient, relevant, and user-friendly digital systems by
ensuring the program team at D-tree follows relevant processes and guidelines and engages key stakeholders’ relevant processes:
- Quality assurance
o Support the Program Manager(s) to develop, implement, and monitor progress of workplans; in particular, ensure system design, development, and implementation activities are accurately reflected in the work plan and delivered according to the project timelines
o Ensure the program and development teams are applying and following Ministry guidelines and set standards outlined in the Tanzania Health Enterprise Architecture as well as e-Government standards.
o Lead the formulation of test cases and requirement traceability matrix to be used in performing unit tests, UAT, integration testing, stress testing and performance testing as per the delivery schedule
o Evaluate business processes and identify areas for improvement and propose solutions; lead system feedback management and troubleshooting processes
Program communication (20% LOE)
Support technical and programmatic communication, including reporting and dissemination:
- Ensure clear communication of required system changes to stakeholders, including managing their expectations to ensure timely delivery and alignment to project scope
[better-ads type=”banner” banner=”2263″ campaign=”none” count=”2″ columns=”1″ orderby=”rand” order=”ASC” align=”center” show-caption=”0″ lazy-load=””][/better-ads]
- Support the Program Manager in the development of project progress reports and analyses for donors and project stakeholders
- Represent D-tree’s interests and present progress, achievements, and lessons learned in Mainland Tanzania to key stakeholders in public and professional forums and conferences
The following attributes are a general overview, but we will consider individuals who do not meet all of the details below if you have the right skill set and attitude.
- At least Bachelor degree in Information Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in system analyst or business analyst role, leading design and implementation of systems. Experience digital health design and implementation will be an added advantage
- Strong knowledge of systems development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies. Knowledge on Agile methodologies such as SCRUM framework is an added advantage
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and ability to multitask
- Experience in documenting system business processes, requirements specifications, and design.
- Experience in the use of BPMN language; draw.io and figma tools is an added advantage
[better-ads type=”banner” banner=”2270″ campaign=”none” count=”2″ columns=”1″ orderby=”rand” order=”ASC” align=”center” show-caption=”0″ lazy-load=””][/better-ads]
- ● Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Project management skills will be a plus
- Must be able to handle complex priorities, collaborate effectively with a distributed team, be persistent and work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Competency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- ● Excellent written and spoken English and Swahili required
- Tanzania national preferred
39,000,000 to 60,000,000 TZS gross annual salary inclusive of all cash compensation.
Note: Starting salaries typically fall in the lower half of the salary range; however, they are ultimately determined by the scope of the position, the candidate’s relevant experience, and internal equity.
[better-ads type=”banner” banner=”2271″ campaign=”none” count=”2″ columns=”1″ orderby=”rand” order=”ASC” align=”center” show-caption=”0″ lazy-load=””][/better-ads]
To apply for this role please fill in the google form HERE. Only applicants who respond to all questions and include their CV as well as a thoughtful, tailored cover letter will be considered. Please note that by applying to this position, you consent to your name being checked against a terrorist watch list prior to an offer of employment. APPLY HERE NOW