Senior Grant Finance Officer at World Vision February, 2023
Budget Management and Monitoring.
- Monthly analysis and Monitoring of projects budgets to ensure proper charging of projects expenses and spending as per approved Project budget.
- Provide lead in budgetary control to ensure that activities are implemented within the approved budget and approved locations
- Lead in the preparation and revision of budgets and implement budgetary management strategies.
- Perform Monthly financial analysis and share with project management for decision-making.
- Provide guidance to the AP on the allocation of the costs and recognition in the sunsystem both for the project funding and matching funds
- All project expenses are allowable, reasonable, and allocable
- No disallowed costs
- No overspending or underspending
- Budget revisions have done timely
- Accurate capturing of costs
- Timely and accurate decision-making by project management based on the financial report
- Conduct periodic project/partner visit for financial review and capacity building in finance management.
- Reviewing partner’s reports and posting them into the system on time.
- Build Partner’s Capacity in Financial and fixed asset Management to ensure Grants Compliance.
- The capacity of the partners is built and they implement and comply with the grants compliance which leads to a consistent, effective, and efficient financial management system.
- Examine financial data for accuracy and compliance with policies and procedures and ensure financial integrity and build financial and resource management capacity.
- Provision of technical assistance and awareness to project staff and AP staff implementing THRIVE 2.0 on all financial-related issues.
- Maintain the project assets and have an updated asset register as per the donor and WV regulations.
- Compliance with Donor and WV Guidelines
Establish internal controls using policy and guidelines and generally accepted accounting standards for the prevention of waste and fraud
- Zero tolerance to fraud is adhered to
Ensure that project procurements are done on a timely basis and as per WV policies
- Procurement is done on a timely manner as per the procurement plan
Ensure that all project staff submits timesheets and Labour distribution reports as per the donor and WV guidelines.
- Salary Reconciliations are done on a monthly basis
Provide timely responses on project financial-related matters
- Financial Issues are resolved on time
Facilitate annual project audits & monitor the implementation of audit recommendations
- Successful audits and no disallowed costs
Provide supervision to the driver
- Logistics are well managed with the project
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum of three years in progressive working experience in a donor-funded environment with adequate exposure to project accounting, and financial management including budgeting, grants, contracts and partner management.
- A minimum one year of experience from an international NGO experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and skills with budget preparation and analysis, financial, reporting preparation and presentation, and the proven ability to translate technical, and financial data into informative reports
- Reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical
- Financial data into informative reports.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Prior staff supervisory experience and strong organizational skills are desired
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/ Finance/Equivalent
- Professional qualification in accounting such CPA or ACCA is an added advantage.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Experience in Managing Donor Funds
- Working knowledge of grants operations, finance services and practices
- Experience in managing partners
- Good planning, Analyzing, coordinating and organizational skills
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with staff-related to work environment needs
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and public
- Experience working with an international organization will be an added advantage
- Excellent computer skills in Excel & Sun-systems accounting software
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Travel on a need basis
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Grants Finance Manager
- For technical support on grants compliance and donor regulations (As and when needed)
Thrive Project Manager
- This is the first line manager for administration guidance and project management (Daily basis)
- Financial technical support
Cluster Senior Finance Administration Officer
- This is a co-worker at the cluster level making it possible to coordinate the payment and financial issues
- Decisions are escalated through Thrive Programs Manager Grants Finance Manager
- Be Safe and Resilient
- Deliver Results
- Build Relationships
- Be Accountable
- Learn and Develop
- Improve and Innovate
- Partner and Collaborate
- Embrace Change
- Model Self-Management
- Engage, Influence, Lead, and Grow Others
- Run an Effective and Agile Organization
- Develop the Organization for the Future
- Fluent in both Swahili and English languages
- This Position is Based in Arusha, Tanzania
Applicant Types Accepted:
- Local Applicants Only
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only