Senior Finance Officer – Disbursement at World Vision February, 2023
Cash and Banking Management.
- Ensure GC Funding and Support Offices Direct Funds are received and time confirmed as required
- Review completeness of receipt for all cash/funds.
- Ensure all bank records & documents are kept safely and all banking correspondences are done in a timely manner
- Review petty cash requests in line with the approval ceiling limit and reconcile the amount requested with supporting documents and ensure replenishment is done timely.
- Ensure the cash target low is maintained for the whole financial year.
- Ensure that there is adequate float in banks, M-pesa, and Airtel money to support the implementation daily.
- Review and consolidate monthly bank reconciliations for all clusters & Head office bank accounts.
- Timely funding confirmation so as to be reflected in GL
- Proper documentation and availability of documents all the time
- Compliance of internal control on cashMeeting target low on monthly
- Availability of funds all the time to support the payment
- Timely submission of the bank reconciliation report
General Disbursement Management Payments Service suppliers, mobile payments, and staff advance.
- Ensure all payments to services/goods providers are paid within 15 days after the receipt date.
- Verify all petty cash, staff advance, mobile payments, and vendors’ payments and ensure that they are well supported with adequate backups.
- Ensure all internal controls in relation to payments have been adhered.
- Ensure all accrued invoices at the year-end are paid within 60 days of Q1 of the new financial year.
- Follow up with the cluster to ensure the funds requested are paid on or before the 5th of each cluster.
- Ensure the split bill account is cleared on monthly basis.
- Ensure internally created invoices for mobile payments are fully approved before payments.
- Ensure all mobile payments are paid within two days from the receipt date.
- Ensure the cash disbursement journal for already paid mobile transactions is posted weekly.
- Ensure account allocation for 20003BENPAYMNT/Honorarium is timely integrated and allocated weekly.
- Ensure completeness of supporting documents on mobile money received from the field is fully supported and has been approved by the specific approvers from the field.
- Follow up with finance staff to ensure all invoices received are created into provision within two days after the receipt date.
- Compliance with internal control on payment
- Timely payment to suppliers and beneficiaries.
- Timely funding to the cluster which on or before the 5th of each month
- Clearing split accounts with zero balance monthly.
- Thoroughly review documents to check compliance of internal control
Settlement Advice (Sa) And Pre-Approval (Pa) Management
- Close Follow You With Finance Officer To Ensure Pa’s And Sa’s Are Well Managed Reconciliations Are Done Monthly.
- Ensure no outstanding transactions in 300 reconciliations of more than 60days
- Ensure PAs are SA’d timely.
Balance Sheet Management (Clearance and allocation)
- Ensuring the account 20003BENPYMENT is cleared on a monthly basis. Ensure Account 170, status for advance payment to suppliers is prepared on monthly basis.
- Clearing account 200, by ensuring the accrued transactions during the year-end are paid within 60 days after the year-end and follow up to ensure retention is well managed.
- Ensure accounts allocation for 180, 200, 260,155 balance sheet accounts are monitored and validated monthly.
- The balance sheet has the current status only.
- Maintain only unallocated transactions.
Payroll and statutory requirement Management.
- Ensure timely payment of staff salary every month which is on or before the 25th of each month. Ensure staff terminal benefits are correctly calculated, coded, and timely paid.
- Ensure the salary journal is timely prepared and ensure is posted Sun Systems on or before the 30th same month.
- Ensure all statutory deductions (NSSF, PAYE, WCF, HELSB) are paid and submitted on or before the due date.
- Ensure W/TAX is timely submitted to TRA Ensure staff terminal benefits are accurately computed, coded, and timely paid
- Staff salary is paid on or before the 25th of each month
- Terminal benefits are paid with two days after receipt
- Payment of statutory deduction before 30th of each month Timely submitting W/Tax on or before the 7th of each month
Managing the team
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Extensive experience in accounting of at least 5 years.
- Good knowledge of normal organizational policies, tax laws, and GAAPS, IFRS.
- Good skills in conflict resolution/problem-solving, teamwork, and coaching
- High level of commitment and working with minimal supervision.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Minimum Qualification required Degree in Accounting or related fields. CPA is an added advantage.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
Knowledge of Accounting practice in NGOs
Good Reporting Skills.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Advise the department managers on technical issues.
Senior Cluster Accountant
- Coordinate with Senior Accountant on disbursement issues but also on balance sheet clean up.
- Support and advise all staff on WVT Finance policies and ensure are in compliance.
All assignments done by the Senior Finance officer are escalated to Accounts Manager
- Be Safe and Resilient
- Deliver Results
- Build Relationships
- Be Accountable
- Learn and Develop
- Improve and Innovate
- Partner and Collaborate
- Embrace Change
- Model Self-Management
- Engage, Influence, Lead, and Grow Others
- Run an Effective and Agile Organization
- Develop the Organization for the Future
- Fluent in both Swahili and English languages
- This Position is Based in Arusha, Tanzania
Applicant Types Accepted:
- Local Applicants Only
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only