Online Web Reporter at Mwananchi Communications Limited (MCL)
ONLINE & WEB REPORTER Login to Apply
posted on : 1 day ago
Industry : Print /Digital Media Job Function : Digital Content
Job Experience Level : Mid Level
Minimum Years of Experience : 1-3
Minimum Academic Qualification : Bachelor
This role requires an exceptional journalist with experience generating original digital reporting. You will develop multiple stories for MCL’s digital platforms including websites, social, audio, video & SMS
channels to ensure our audiences receive accurate, up-to-date news and information every day. You are an excellent writer and/or producer with a keen eye, obsessed with news, on top of what is happening,
and you strive to break important stories first. You embrace technology, live for your audiences and are comfortable working with new content formats and platforms.
Full Job Description
- Monitor multiple news feeds on television, radio, blogs, popular media websites and social for breaking stories, and verify leads with field reporters & editors.
- Liaise with news desks to identify & develop breaking stories for mwananchi.co.tz (and any other MCL websites) and social media channels quickly and accurately.
- For breaking stories, write and publish short articles, with visuals and videos on MCL websites ((mwananchi.co.tz, thecitizen.co.tz) within 20 minutes of initial bulletin.
- Develop & execute a personalized content plan to generate unique, exclusive long-form news, features and special reports for MCL digital platforms.
- Vet sources and liaise with Web Editor, Mwananchi and the Managing Editor-Online & New Content to ensure your reporting is credible and error–free.
- Use audience data to adjust your storytelling as needed to ensure your stories are viewed, listened to or read the most by MCL’s multiple audiences.
- Retrieve, compile, edit and upload articles and relevant photos to MCL websites (mwananchi.co.tz, thecitizen.co.tz) on a daily basis as assigned by your manager.
- Increase audience engagement by pushing content to current social platforms (WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and new channels (TikTok, Clubhouse).
- Champion the use of videos, social audio/podcasts and interactive photography across MCL websites & social channels, ensuring content is of exceptional, publishable quality.
- Ensure the presentation of content on our websites is in line with Mwananchi Communication Limited’s house style and editorial policy.
- Any other duties or responsibilities assigned by your manager.
How to Apply for ONLINE & WEB REPORTER Login to Apply