Index Testers (19 Posts) at MDH February, 2023
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large.
These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance;
as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender,
Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, communitybased and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH in collaboration with Geita Region Council; Bukombe, Nyang’hwale, Mbogwe, Geita DC, Geita TC, Chato DC together with Geita Regional Referral Hospitals invite suitable candidates to apply for the following posts;
Job Title: Index Testers (19 Posts)
Location: Geita TC, Mbogwe DC, Chato DC, GRRH, Bukombe District Councils.
Reports to: Facility in-charge
The HIV Tester works with and supports the facility PITC focal person to ensure efficient implementation and reporting of HIV testing services and ART linkage at the facility. She/he is responsible for the facility implementation and reporting of all HTS initiatives in her/his respective facility under the guidance of the facility PITC focal person and in collaboration with facility in-charge, CTC in charge and other relevant health facility staffs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To conduct HIV testing services, including index testing, focused PITC, peer-based ART linkage, in line with national guidelines
- To keep accurate HTS records (HTS registers, reports and referral / linkage reports)
- To compile and submit HTS reports on weekly-monthly and / or quarter to the facility PITC focal person on time
- To work with team members to monitor quality improvement plans with regard to the established performance indicators
- To create awareness and education on the existence of HTS i.e., educating clients on all aspects of HIV diseases and treatment management as well as basic health lifestyle
- To provide ongoing counselling and testing while maintaining confidentiality and patients’ rights
- To provide psychosocial support and assist with linkage to referral services
- To monitor the quality of test kits using suitable control materials or samples
- To be in line with current HTS protocol guidelines to ensure correct testing services
- To ensure safe storage of HTS related items and to request or prepare all necessary consumables for undertaking the HTS activities on time
- To ensure a newly identified client’s contacts details are well documented (map cue, telephone numbers and treatment supporter information)
- To work with team members to ensure successful early retention of newly identified clients
- To carry any other duties that may be required by supervisor
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
- A Minimum of form four education and certificate or diploma in Nursing or Clinical medicine.
- A minimum of Six (6) Months and above working experience in HIV program , preferably in a similar position will be highly considered.
- Volunteers working in Health Facilities at Geita Region are highly encouraged to apply
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Work experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment program will be an advantage.
- Highest level of integrity.
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written).
- Must be computer literate – conversant with, Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email and the name of the health facility that volunteers at.
Applications should be submitted by 10th February, 2023 to the Human Resources officer, MDH Sub-grantees through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MDH does not have any recruitment agents and do not charge any fees to the interested candidates.