ART Nurse Officer (10 Post) at MDH February, 2023
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large.
These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening.
MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC);
President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, communitybased and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH in collaboration with Geita Region Council; Bukombe, Nyang’hwale, Mbogwe, Geita DC, Geita TC, Chato DC together with Geita Regional Referral Hospitals invite suitable candidates to apply for the following posts;
Job Title: ART Nurse Officer (10 Post)
Location: Mbogwe DC, GRRH, Geita DC, Chato DC, Nyang’hwale DC, Bukombe DC.
Reports to: Facility in-charge
The ART Nurse Officer is responsible for the day-to-day ensuring that patients receive appropriate clinical care during a clinic visits, including scheduled or unscheduled physician examination and laboratory test. She/He will work with the Council Health Management Teams CHMTs, MDH Program staffs, Health Facilities (HFs)/ and other stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhering to nursing ethics as punctuality and cleanliness etc.
- Ensure CTC clinic runs in accordance with national standards
- Ensuring all clients are taken recommended investigations such as HVL, CD4 in accordance with guidelines.
- Ensuring that receive appropriate clinical care during a clinic visits, including scheduled or unscheduled physician examination and laboratory test.
- Educating patients in all aspects of HIV disease and treatment management as well as basic healthy lifestyles
- Counselling patients with regard to HIV diagnosis, management of medications, medication and clinic visits adherence, psychosocial issues, and basic health self-care.
- Counselling and educating family members and care given to promote secondary prevention of HIV infection, to improve the care of patients with HIV, and to strengthen social support networks of patients.
- Accurate and complete documentation of patient information and patient encounters in the patient medical record.
- Assisting patient to connect with other resources through the referral network
- Assisting the CTC clinician in the provision of clinical care for patients.
- Doing any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
- A Minimum of form four education and certificate or diploma in Nursing.
- A minimum of Six (6) Months and above working experience in HIV program , preferably in a similar position will be highly considered.
- Volunteers working in Health Facilities at Geita Region are highly encouraged to apply
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Work experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment program will be an advantage.
- Highest level of integrity.
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written).
- Must be computer literate – conversant with, Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email and the name of the health facility that volunteers at.
Applications should be submitted by 10th February, 2023 to the Human Resources officer, MDH Sub-grantees through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MDH does not have any recruitment agents and do not charge any fees to the interested candidates.