Operator 1 – Dump Truck At Geita Gold Mining Ltd (65 Posts) January, 2023
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents.
The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Operator 1 – Dump Truck
Contract type & Duration: Specified Time Tontract ( One Year )
Department: Open Pit Mining
Reporting to: Mine Production Supervisor.
Number of Positions: Sixty-Five (65)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To operate dump truck for the purpose of mining operations, to perform preventative and general inspection on equipment, delivering work to plan and ensuring safety processes and practices are followed.
- A minimum certificate of Secondary School Education (CSEE).
- A valid Tanzania Driving license.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- A minimum of 2 years in driving either heavy-duty truck or bus.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Take reasonable care to protect his or her health and safety, and that of other persons who may be affected by any act or omission thereof during performance of duty.
- Be proactive in all aspects of operational safety and work as team member within the mining department.
- Perform safety pre-start checks on equipment.
- Report faults in equipment timeously to supervisor or dispatch.
- Comply with standard Operating Procedures and working Practices.
- Haul materials to ore stockpiles and waste dumps.
- Minimize spotting, maneuverings, dumping and refueling times.
- Work collaterally with Excavator operator to ensure trucks are loaded at optimal capacity.
- Demonstrate competency in operating modular according to standards.
- Respond to dispatch requests timeously.
- Always adhere to lawful production instructions.
- Good team player.
- Be physically and mentally fit and hard working. Appointment subject to thorough medical check-up by authorized medical practitioner.
- Fluency in Kiswahili or English or both.
- Be able to work at minimum supervision.
- VETA mechanical background will have added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking APPLY below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Operator 1 – Dump Truck”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 03rd February 2023 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing speakupAGA@ethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com