Vacancy at NMB Bank Plc, September 2022
Vacancy at NMB Bank Plc – Manager; Statutory Reporting (1 Position(s))
Job Location : Head Office
Job opening date : 14-Sep-2022
Job closing date : 28-Sep-2022
The Job holder will manage regulatory reporting and ensure compliance to Bank of Tanzania regulatory
requirements and financial reporting requirements.
- Lead, review and analyze regulatory reports of Banks filing and financial statements publications.
- Keep abreast of industry, regulatory, and accounting developments. Apply solid knowledge of
Finance/accounting concepts and principles to ensure accurate Regulatory Reporting filings.
- Review new regulatory reporting requirements and IFRS updates, to determine the impact on the
Regulatory Report filings. Continually monitor developments in the Bank of Tanzania Reporting
Regulations and ensure implementation and meeting the reporting requirements.
- Work and partner with various areas across the bank including Treasury, Credit, Operations , Risk,
Finance Business Partners, Risk and Compliance, Accounting Policy, and Financial Analysis to
maintain high level of quality and accuracy of the report filings. Maintain effective working
- Assist in driving process efficiencies and continuous process improvement efforts to strengthen
- Participate in data quality improvement projects to strengthen controls and improve report
- Lead/participate in Regulatory exams, internal and external audits. Maintain effective and
professional relationships with regulators, internal and external auditors.
- Identify opportunities for automation of all regulatory returns and keep reporting system up to
date with our business development.
- Support the implementation of system changes to comply with regulatory reporting requirement
changes – BAU changes.
- Escalate to line manager on matters not complying with policies or identify/come across any
potential operational risks issues
- Lead/participate in other special projects and ad-hoc requests as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of regulatory reporting requirements
- Business understanding of financial reporting requirements
- Driven and self-motivated to work both independently and within a team, in order to deliver with
the highest quality.
- Flexibility and ability to multitask manage multiple priorities under demanding periods and
- Strong analytical, technical, organization skills, and attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, presentation, and coaching skills. Ability to work with
different levels of management.
- Ability to develop effective and productive working relationships with a wide range of groups
across the bank as well as external auditors and regulators.
- Technology savvy – Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or its equivalent in Accounting/Finance.
- Holder of CPA/MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of accounting and financial analysis/reporting experience with exposure to Regulatory and financial reporting and analysis. At least 3 years working experience in the managerial role.
How to Apply for Vacancy at NMB Bank Plc
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity