Advisor – TB & TB/HIV Service Delivery at MDH Tanzania
Advisor – TB & TB/HIV Service Delivery
REPORTS TO: Senior Advisor Quality Service Delivery
The Advisor – TB & TB/HIV Service Delivery is a self-motivated individual who will be responsible for providing overall technical leadership and oversight of TB & TB/HIV programs and services implementation at regional, district and facility site level.
This includes; keeping abreast with key advances in the area of TB & TB/HIV; translating into practice, key program, national and global priorities in Tuberculosis and TB/HIV; as well as working with and providing substantive and technical direction and assistance to other regional staff at supported region.
She/he will work in close collaboration with the respective regional and district level health management teams and USAID Afya Yangu Southern Program supported facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and oversee planning, implementation and M&E of TB & TB/HIV services under the USAID Afya Yangu Southern Program, in her/his respective region.
- Provide oversight and lead the implementation of key TB & TB/HIV program initiatives to address program, donor and national priorities – such as accelerating facility and community-based intensified TB case detection and management with special consideration for paediatrics, early detection and management of drug resistant
- TB cases and implementation of comprehensive TB/HIV collaborative services including 3Is initiative – in line with Tanzania national guidelines.
- Actively participate in and provide technical assistance (TA) to Regional & Council Health Management Teams (R/CHMT), supported health facilities and community structures in planning and implementation of TB & TB/HIV programs and services.
- Conduct regular need assessment, on TB & TB/HIV services provision in her/his region and organize efforts to address these needs -; including areas of capacity building and health system strengthening – in collaboration with the R/CHMT.
- Oversee and ensure efficient management of regional TB & TB/HIV project expenditure and other resources as per approved work-plan and budget.
- Ensure timely collection and submission of TB & TB/HIV services data as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team.
- Lead efforts to robustly analyse and utilize TB & TB/HIV services data to inform regional plans, priorities and resource allocation.
- Lead efforts to identify gaps in TB & TB/HIV services provision, design and implement Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) initiatives to address the gaps identified.
- Engage and facilitate strategic collaboration with key technical and community-based stakeholders, in TB control and TBHIV including community leaders.
- Organize and support routine meetings with key project stakeholders to share, monitor and evaluate program progress towards assigned targets.
- Prepare timely quarterly and annual narrative reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents on TB & TB/HIV services as assigned by line manager.
- Support and advise the line manager on all TB & TB/HIV services issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the line manager.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Medical degree (MD or equivalent) or Advance Diploma in Medicine.
2. Master’s degree Public Health or related discipline preferred.
3. Minimum 5 years’ work experience in TB and/or TB/HIV services including 3 years’ experience with TB and TB/HIV program planning and implementation at the regional level working with NGOs.
4. Working knowledge of National TB and Leprosy Control program and donor TB & TB/HIV policies and strategies.
5. Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), national TB database, Data Analysis, Interpretation, Utilization, CQI and Operational research in the TB and TB/HIV program data.
6. Ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
7. Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills.
8. Fluency in both written and spoken English and Swahili Languages.
9. Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint).
10. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong problem-solving skills.
11. Ability to travel to implementation regions a minimum of 80% of time.
To Apply for this Job register or login to https://recruitment.mdh.or.tz/ and from the Dashboard click on Search Vacancies button.
Applications should be submitted to the system 30th September 2022.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.