Lausd Email Helpful Guide to Login
Understand Lausd Email Helpful Guide to Login It is crucial to routinely check your Lausd email for critical information.
When accessing your email using a web browser (e.g., Safari, Chrome, or Firefox), you should now navigate to mailbox.lausd.net rather than mail.lausd.net., Lausd Email Helpful Guide to Login.
Enter your whole email address, including “…@lausd.net” (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
How to access your lausd email account via the web
- Use your web browser to visit mailbox.lausd.net.
- Enter your LAUSD email address.
- Enter your password next.
- Login to Office 365 mailbox was successful.
- After a successful login, access to your LAUSD mailbox will be granted.
Each semester, students must reset their LAUSD email password using a four-digit PIN that they get from their teacher.
If you access LAUSD email on your phone or other mobile device, you only need to re-add your account through the settings on your device (learn more about how to do this below).
How to locate your LAUSD student ID
Your LAUSD Student ID consists of 10 characters: 6 digits, 1 letter, and 3 digits. LAUSD StudentID provides an identification service for additional student data from District or vendor sources, enabling the data to be matched with the correct student.
The StudentID program provides each District student with a unique Student ID, enabling the sharing of student data across systems and school years.
Your LAUSD student ID can be located on Schoology. Watch the following video.
Here is how to locate your LAUSD Student ID on Schoology in less than 60 seconds.
To request Student ID access,
- Log in by visiting https://studentid.lausd.net. You will be denied access, but will be added as a “Inactive” user. This will be confirmed via an automated email.
- Download Request for StudentID Access Form (PDF).
- Complete the form, sign it, and have your manager sign it before sending it to the Student Information Support Branch.
- In two to three business days, the Student Information Support Branch will process the form.
- After account activation, you will receive an automated email.
How to access lausd email on Microsoft Outlook
Generally speaking, using Outlook to access your LAUSD Exchange email account is rather simple. The instructions may differ based on the version of Outlook you employ.
- Open Outlook.
- Select the Tools menu item.
- Select the Account Settings option.
- Click New… on the Email menu to add a new account.
- Type your name as you would like it to appear in outgoing email messages, followed by your complete LAUSD email address, your account password, and then your password again for verification.
- Assuming all information is accurate, Outlook will display the message “Congratulations!” Microsoft Exchange has been successfully established for your email account.
- Select Complete to conclude the process. Outlook will begin to download information from your account. Depending on how many email messages, calendar events, and address book entries you have on the Exchange server, synchronizing everything may take some time.
Accessing lausd email on a Mac
To configure Outlook for Mac, proceed as follows:
- Initiate Outlook for Mac. Click Accounts from the Tools menu. If you’re creating your first account in Outlook, choose Exchange Account under Add an Account.
- If you have previously created an email account for a different email address, click + and then choose Exchange in the lower-left corner of the Accounts dialog box.
- Enter your email address (i.e. Joe.Smith@lausd.net) on the Enter, your Exchange account details page.
- User Name and Password must be selected under Authentication.
- In the Username field, enter your full e-mail address, such as Joe.Smith@lausd.net.
- Ensure Automatic configuration is chosen, and then click Add Account.
- After you click the Add Account button, Outlook will search online for your e-mail server settings. Select the Always use my response for this server check box in the dialog box that asks if you want to enable the server to configure your settings, and then click Allow.
- If Outlook is able to configure your account, it will appear in the left pane of the Accounts dialog box. Close the Accounts window, .
How to configure Lausd email on an Android phone
Follow the below instructions to configure your LAUSD mailbox (after migration to Office 365).
- On your Android phone, tap Settings…
- Create account.
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync can be selected. Enter your LAUSD email address and password, then click Continue.
- Make sure that the DomainUsername field has your LAUSD email address. Outlook.office365.com must be entered as the Server name.
- On the subsequent screen, select OK.
- On the subsequent screen, accept the default settings by clicking OK.
- The next screen will display. Click Enable.
- The setup is now finished. Click Done.
- Launch Email to access your Office 365 mailbox.
How to configure your LAUSD email on your iPhone
Follow these instructions to access your Office 365 mailbox on an iPhone or iPad.
- Select Settings from the primary menu.
- Tap Mail, then Contacts, then Calendar.
- Select Add Account.
- Choose Exchange.
- Enter your LAUSD-hosted email address in the Email box, your LAUSD password in the Password box, and LAUSD Mailbox in the Description box. Then, click Next.
- Select the information to synchronize with your Office 365 account on the subsequent screen and then tap Save.
- You will return to the Mail, Contacts, and Calendar interface. You may tailor your email settings to your tastes if you so choose.
- Tap the Home button on your device and launch the Mail app to access your LAUSD email account.
If you are unsure about your LAUSD user email address or password, contact the LAUSD IT Helpdesk at (213) 241-5200 or submit an online support request at itdscweb.lausd.net.
Lausd student password set – up
By visiting our Single Sign-on page, you can activate a user account, change or reset your password, and modify how your information is kept in the District’s global address book.
- Launch your web browser and navigate to mylogin.lausd.net.
- Select Student
- Choose “Activate your Account or Reset your Password”
- Review, accept, and comply with the LAUSD policy
- On the following page, enter your
- ID district
- Year of Birth
- Click “Next”
- Enter and then re-enter a strong password. Select “Submit”.
Allow up to 10 minutes for the new password to begin functioning with your LAUSD email on Office365 accounts. Update the password on your mobile device and any tablets.